In this episode we discuss:
- What job are we ‘hiring’ the products we purchase to perform?
- The surprising truth behind milkshake purchasing behaviour
- A better question to ask consumers than “why” they purchased something
- Are two jobs to be done better than one?
- Why you should talk to your customers instead of talking about yourself
- Does something need to be ugly to be believably functional?
Clayton M. Christensen, Scott Cook, and Taddy Hall – Marketing Malpractice: The Cause and the Cure – https://hbr.org/2005/12/marketing-malpractice-the-cause-and-the-cure
Clayton M. Christensen, Taddy Hall, Karen Dillon, and David S. Duncan – Know Your Customers’ “Jobs to Be Done” – https://hbr.org/2016/09/know-your-customers-jobs-to-be-done
Clay Christensen – The “Job” of a McDonald’s Milkshake – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stc0beAxavY
Brand Deck – https://branding.cards/
Trigger Cards – https://www.trytriggers.com/shop/ideation-cards-for-brand-strategy