Brandwidth® Episode 18: Measuring & Leveraging Cognitive Biases for Fun & Profit – The Messy Middle Pt 2
- The impact of cognitive biases on purchasing decisions
- What exactly are category heuristics and why do they matter?
- Experts vs Acquaintances who do consumers really pay attention to?
- Why 2 for 1 is better than 50% off, every time
- Stacking biases and other fun games for marketers
- Brand preference fragility, another dagger in the heart for poor old brand loyalty theory?
- Consumers don’t know why they purchase what they purchase and neither do you.
- Why exactly does Sam need three TVs anyway, and who the hell is Hisense?
Google and the Behavioural Architects – Decoding Decisions: The Messy Middle of Purchase Behaviour – https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/_qs/documents/9998/Decoding_Decisions_The_Messy_Middle_of_Purchase_Behavior.pdf
Matt Johnson, PhD & Prince Ghuman – Insights into the Psychology of Decision-Making from a Split-Brain Mind – https://www.popneuro.com/neuromarketing-blog/psychology-decision-making-split-brain-mind-choices-motivation